Chicken biryani is the most like preparation in India. Ideal type of biryani is dum biryani which is the best biryani filled with tempting fragrance. Lets get started with this.
Half cooked rice
Chicken curry cut 250 gm
Curd 150 gm
Tomatoes 4 Nos.
Onions 6 Nos.
Ginger garlic paste
Cinnamon (Dal chini)
Bay Leaf (Tej patta)
Spices (salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, chicken masala)
- Take a mixing bowl. Bring in chicken.
- Now introduce curd. Put 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste. Put all spices (1/2 tbsp each of salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, chicken masala)
- Mix it well and let it marinate for 45 minutes.
4. By the time, take all onions and tomatoes. Grind it well to make a puree.
5. Now take a cooking pot and bring it to heat.
6. Put 3 tbsp of vegetable oil. Put cinnamon and bay leaf.
7. Bring in puree. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
8. Now bring in chicken and put some water.
9. Cover the pot with lid and let it cook for 15 minutes.
10. Now once the chicken is cooked. Uncover the pot and let the curry reduce a bit to thick.
11. Now put half cooked rice. Mix it well.
12. Now cover the pot again with lid and let it cook for 5 minutes.
13. Uncover the lid. Make sure the water is gone.
Yum!!!! Ready to eat!