In India, Besan chila (a pan cake prepared from gram floor) is mostly prepared during winters as a part of breakfast meal. Besan/ Gram floor is the best cure of cold. Preparing besan chila consumes less time and its easy to prepare.
Here i am bring out a twist with besan chila giving an addition of peanut butter. Peanut butter is a good source of energy. Bring peanut butter as a part of breakfast gives a good start of the day.
In order to prepare besan chila (a pan cake prepared from gram floor), we need to prepare a batter.
- Take 5 tbsp of besan/ gram floor in a bowl.
- Now bring in spices. Add 1/2 tbsp of salt, 1/3 tbsp each of red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala.
- Add some water. Make sure not to add too much water. Mix it well and our batter is ready!
- Bring tava or flat pan to heat.
- Spread some (a few amount) vegetable oil.
- Now spread the prepared batter.
- Let it cook from one side. You will start to see bubbles once its about to cook.
5. Now turn the chila once cooked from one side. Make sure it doesn’t break.
6. Lets bring in our twist now. Our chila is cooked from both sides. Lets apply peanut butter evenly.
7. Fold the chila carefully without breaking it.
8. Lets cut the roll into smaller pieces.