Rajma is the most loved dish in North India eaten along with rice. This is probably my favorite and signature dish which I can eat all the time. I enjoy making Rajma regardless of that it takes bit more time in order to get the correct flavor and taste which is most like mostly in North India.
I didn’t post this for long time but it’s my signature dish so far. This is the 5th time I have prepared this and this time I had it with brown rice. Brown rice are awesome however those who want taste can go with white rice. Its just that brown is healthier as it contains complex carbohydrates than white rice. If it comes between chapati and brown rice also, brown are much better than having a chapati.
Overall Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Boiled Red Beans 1 Cup
- Chopped Onions 2 Nos.
- Chopped Tomatoes 2 Nos.
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- Spices (1/2 tbsp salt, 1/3 tbsp each of red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala)
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Bring your cooking pot/ kadia to heat with medium heat. Add vegetable oil.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Let it crackle for 2 minutes.
- Now add onions. Saute it till golden brown.
- Add tomato now. Let it saute for 2 minutes.
- Bring in spices (1/2 tbsp salt, 1/3 tbsp each of red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala). Add 2 cups of water. Mix spices well. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add red beans now. Do not waste beans water, include that as well. Let it cook for 15 minutes.
- You can see now that curry has thicken.
Enjoy it along with rice!
|Total Fat||59.4 gm|
|Total Carbohydrate||61.9 gm|
Thank you for exploring this recipe. Please provide your feedback in the comment section below as i will like to hear more from you. Click on follow button to get more recipes directly in your inbox. You can find like buttons at the bottom of every page. Do not forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and on this blog to more recipes.