It’s time to reveal Indian food, home cooked food. This is what we all Indians have as one of our meals; Dhuli Moong dal (husked green gram). There can be various dishes which can be prepared from just moong daal; moong dal halwa, moong dal Barfi, etc.
Here is the secret what I have learned during these days since I started cooking. And I am going to reveal this to everyone. This is the shortest method ever to prepare pulses. Hence you can apply this method to any pulse you want to prepare at home. Let me know in the comment section if you happen to try this method. It’s a simple method and you can’t even judge that I did put onions/ tomatoes while preparing. The end product will be same as you prepare pulses in a traditional way.
Overall Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Dhuli Moong Dal (husked green gram) 1/2 Cup
- Chopped Green Chilies 4 Nos.
- Chopped Garlic Cloves 5 Nos.
- Spices (1/4 tbsp Jeera, 1/2 tbsp salt, 1/4 tbsp each of coriander powder, garam masala, Kasoori methi 2 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil/ vegetable oil
- Wash lentils till the water comes out clean. Keep aside.
- Bring your heavy pan/ cooker to heat. Add olive oil/ vegetable oil.
- Now add chopped garlic cloves. Let it saute till golden brown.
- Add chopped green chilies now. Let it crackle for 1 minute.
- Bring in spices. First, add jeera. Let it crackle for 1 minute. Then include other spices (1/2 tbsp salt, 1/4 tbsp each of coriander powder, garam masala, Kasoori methi 2 tbsp)
- Add dhuli moong dal and 2 & 1/4 cups of water.
- Let it simmer till cooked in the case of heavy pot/ give 4 whistles in cooker.
- In a case of cooker if you feel the water is more, keep it to boil for 5 minutes.
Have it along with chapati/ rice.
|Total Fat||44.5 gm|
|Total Carbohydrate||11.0 gm|
Thank you for exploring this recipe. Please provide your feedback in the comment section below as I will like to hear more from you. Click on follow button to get more recipes directly in your inbox. You can find like buttons at the bottom of every page. Do not forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and on this blog to more recipes.