Lets get our taste buds to tofu. It may seem like Paneer (Cottage Cheese) once cooked but there’s much difference in the nutritional value. I will not say which one is better, both are good depending on the type of nutrition you are planned with or what you are consuming in your day. Paneer has more protein but it does have more fat content too. However, tofu has less fat and protein content is less too.
I wanted to prepare this since I heard of this and it’s here. You can prepare tofu in your own way. You may prepare it replacing paneer like tofu spinach, tofu bhurji. It taste same as paneer (somewhat) once cooked. However if you eat it raw, it doesn’t taste like a paneer since it’s a product of soy milk.
Overall Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Tofu 200 gms cut into small cubes
- Mix vegetable 100 gms
- Chopped Onion 1/3 Cup
- Tomato 1/3 Cup
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Spices (1/2 tbsp salt, 1/4 tbsp each of coriander powder, garam masala)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil/ vegetable oil
- Bring a pan to heat. Add olive oil/ vegetable oil.
- Now add ginger garlic paste. Let it crackle for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped onions now. Let it saute till golden brown.
- Now add chopped tomatoes.
- Bring in spices 1/2 tbsp salt, 1/4 tbsp each of coriander powder, garam masala.
- Add some water and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Now add tofu cut into small cubes.
- Add 1 cup of water and cover the pan with lid and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Now you can see that water has gone negligible.
Enjoy along with chapati.
|Total Fat||50.7 gm|
|Total Carbohydrate||26.8 gm|
Thank you for exploring this recipe. Please provide your feedback in the comment section below as I will like to hear more from you. Click on follow button to get more recipes directly in your inbox. You can find like buttons at the bottom of every page. Do not forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and on this blog to more recipes.