It’s Sunday and I bring to you what is prepared in GuruDwaras/ Mega Kitchens of India. It’s the traditional curry which has been served for years in our GuruDwaras. We all Indians love this and enjoy the fragrance it has, the way it soothes our taste buds. However, I have prepared this in the shortest way possible. The traditional method may include more steps which I have skipped. However, It’s possible to bring that taste preparing the way I have done.
Here is the secret what I have learned during these days since I started cooking. And I am going to reveal this to everyone. This is the shortest method ever to prepare pulses. Hence you can apply this method to any pulse you want to prepare at home. Let me know in the comment section if you happen to try this method. It’s a simple method and you can’t even judge that I did put onions/ tomatoes while preparing. The end product will be same as you prepare pulses in a traditional way.
Overall Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Urad dal or split black gram and Channa dal or split Bengal gram in 2:1 proportion 1/2 cup
- Chopped Green Chilies 4 Nos.
- Chopped Garlic Cloves 5 Nos.
- Spices (1/2 tbsp salt, 1/4 tbsp each of coriander powder, garam masala, Kasoori methi 2 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil/ vegetable oil
- Wash lentils till the water comes out clean. Keep aside.
- Bring your heavy pan/ cooker to heat. Add olive oil/ vegetable oil.
- Now add chopped garlic cloves. Let it saute till golden brown.
- Add chopped green chilies now. Let it crackle for 1 minute.
- Bring in spices. Add 1/2 tbsp salt, 1/4 tbsp each of coriander powder, garam masala, Kasoori methi 2 tbsp.
- Add Urad dal or split black gram and Channa dal or split Bengal gram and 2 & 1/4 cups of water.
- Let it simmer till cooked in the case of heavy pot/ give 4 whistles in cooker.
- Now remove the lid and keep it to boil for 5 minutes. Keep it moving for 5 minutes with the help of serving spoon.
Enjoy it along with chapati/ rice/ Naan.
|Total Fat||3.0 gm|
|Total Carbohydrate||45.4 gm|
Thank you for exploring this recipe. Please provide your feedback in the comment section below as I will like to hear more from you. Click on follow button to get more recipes directly in your inbox. You can find like buttons at the bottom of every page. Do not forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and on this blog to more recipes.