Rice is the most used ingredient in South India. There are many varieties which can be prepared with rice, be it rice bath, lemon rice, masala bath, pulao. Personally, i don’t like rice much. However, if it comes to creating something different, I would love to prepare it. I am good to go with pulao which can also be prepared in different ways and can be customized in the way we want. Today I have prepared beetroot pulao with brown rice including potatoes, onions, and tomatoes.
Here we go!
Overall Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Brown rice 1/2 cup
- Beetroot 1/2 No.
- Tomato 1 No.
- Baby Potatoes 4 Nos.
- Onion 1 No.
- Garlic cloves 4 Nos.
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Indian Spices
- Bring cooker/ closed vessel to heat. Add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Add garlic gloves. Let it saute for 1 minute.
- Now add chopped onions. Let them saute till golden brown.
- Now cut each baby potato in half and add potatoes and chopped beetroot to the cooker.
- Bring in some spice (1/2 tbsp of salt, 1/3 tbsp each of red chili powder, coriander powder)
- Now add 1/2 cup of brown rice and 1 cup of brown rice.
- Cover the cooker with lid. Allow 3 whistles or if you are using kadai/ other vessel, let it cook for 13 minutes.
|Total Fat||29.7 gm|
|Total Carbohydrate||45.1 gm|
Thank you for exploring this recipe. Please provide your feedback in the comment section below as i will like to hear more from you. Click on follow button to get more recipes directly in your inbox. You can find like buttons at the bottom of every page. Do not forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and on this blog to more recipes.